Welcome to the 3rd edition of Family Fun Fridays! I’m so glad you could stop by!
It’s been an unusually hot summer. Consequently, I’ve been acting like I live in the South or something, with my a/c on and my kids inside.
Earlier this week, we had some downright pleasant weather, though. We went outside and everything.
It made me think of what fun a picnic can be. And since we have a big backyard, I don’t even have to go very far.
What you’ll need:
- A backyard
- A blanket
What you do:
- Pack everything up to take outside.
- Spread out the blanket.
- Pass out the chow.
- Make notes of the cute things the kids say.
- Enjoy yourself before you have to clean up.
I’d like to insert pictures of our backyard picnic.
But here’s the thing: there’s a small person in my life who seems to have a knack for climbing on, well, everything. I haven’t yet found where that small person put the little USB adapter I need to get pictures from the camera to the computer.
Need some help with food ideas?
- Here are some cute, healthy, even-Sarah-can-do-it food ideas that go beyond my usual carrots-and-bologna fare
- How about a teddy bear theme? We’ve tried a version of this before (with play food), but I think I may be brave enough to try this sometime soon.
- I nearly rolled my eyes at the title of this post (have they met MY crew?), but now that I’m cleaning drool off of my keyboard and nodding ever-so-slightly (my pride does not die so easily), maybe I’m sold enough to try one or two of them.
Adaptations we’ve enjoyed:
- Use play food instead of real food
- Invite your favorite stuffed animals
- Add some drama (maybe even Bible drama)
Can’t wait to see what family fun YOU are up to! Include a link back here, if you would, and enjoy the journey through the other submissions.
This post is also linked to 7 Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.