- Your body never looked as beautiful as when it housed another human being.
- Long hours, bad pay, eternal rewards.
- You mean, there are other things to blog about?
- “I love you, Mommy.”
- “Good morning!” from someone who means it.
- Little feet.
- The smell of a baby.
- If you’re going to throw up for weeks or months, have strange appetites and a screwy sleep schedule, aches and pains and things to complain about, then it might as well make it for a good reason.
- You’ll never lack for conversation starters (or blog topics, for that matter) again.
- Grandkids. (Or so I’m told!)
- Sharing your child with those you love – and for me, especially those who have not been blessed with their own children and who aren’t able to have more – is one of the greatest blessings in the world.
- Cooking has never been so interesting.
- If you won’t stop and smell the roses, she’ll bring them to you.
- The weight of a small head on your shoulder.
- Mud under your fingernails as a nail polish alternative – who would have thought?
- Watch the world transformed back into something interesting.
- Who needs an expensive hobby?
- Seeing your husband’s eyes as your child’s born.
- Having your husband/child/loved one talk to your belly…and feeling the child within respond.
- How else is homo sapien going to continue?
- You’re in good company: Mary, Joseph, the saints, the angels…
- Overnight, you’re a better person.
- Not sure about the world? Fix it one little sunbeam at a time.
- Here’s your excuse to play with all your favorite toys (and, might I add, read all your favorite books) all over again…and discover new ones.
- In a world of make-believe, anything’s possible.
- What a tribute to your marriage, your God, your family, your world.
- You say you like challenges and puzzles and mental exercises? Enter the supreme honors class.
- Play a part in the ultimate miracle of life!
- Yes, you can do it. Prove it to yourself. God will take care of qualifying you, every step of the way.
- So God gives special graces to parents? Well, hey, who are you to turn up your nose at special graces?
- The prize at the end makes nine months of suffering completely forgettable.
- Your chance to leave stories to tell and to share all your favorite things with someone who will carry them on.
- Don’t like children? No problem. They grow up (too) fast.
- Be a superhero. In real life.
- Gain a whole new vocabulary.
- There’s no better way to really know what a great person your spouse is.
- If you thought life was exciting before…you were wrong!
- Middle-of-the-night prayer opportunities.
- There are things you didn’t know you needed to know.
- Have an interest in photography? Grow your own subjects…complete with unforeseen photo opportunities.
My 40 Reasons to Have Kids
Inspired by the lovely Karen and her top 40, I was unable to not jot down 40 reasons of my own. It’s by no means complete, and I encourage you to come up with your own list (and then, please, let me know about it!).
Wonderful, Sarah! The reasons are endless, aren’t they? 🙂
BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for continuing Karen’s theme. I agree with every one wholeheartedly. This was so beautifully said, Sarah while your baby stirs inside your womb. You should print it out and decorate it a bit and hang it in your baby’s room (or over her cradle in your room)!
Thank you, Sarah. You added beautifully to Karen’s list.
I did one, masquerading as a Thursday Thirteen, here.
The reasons really are endless. I also have done one at my place.
I got my 40 up….
Okay, I’ve got a list going now (as if you have time). I’m also going to collect links to other lists and make a big post about it. Please head over to Domestic Vocation for my list (found here) and to add your link to the mix. (Not Sarah, whose link is there already, but to others who felt compelled to make a list, too.)