God doesn’t make bad days for us or good days for us. God makes each day fit perfectly into His plans for us.
– from a woman who lost her husband many years ago and was comforted by my sister-in-law during her grieving
At times we are caught up in the storms of life and it might seem to us that Jesus is nowhere around to help us, so anxiety and fear set in. But Jesus is always with us in the storm and tells us to have courage instead of fear because his loving hand is upon us.
– from a forwarded email last week, “Daily Scriptural Reflection,” written by the Redemptorists of the Denver Province
May the “force” (of Mary) be with you today.
– how a good friend signed her email the other day
Prayer is both a gift of grace and a determined response on our part. It always presupposes effort.
– Catechism of the Catholic Church, #2775, via Women of Grace Daily Gracelines
We must pass through obscure nights, through combats, through strange agonies, over craggy mountains, through cruel thorns and over frightful deserts. But by the path of Mary we pass more gently and more tranquilly.
Though we never want it to be through such circumstances, I know that God has been working with each of you to draw back the veil more than usual and show you His grace and love. Thanks be to God for mercies shown us.
– a dear friend’s closing words to me in an email on Tuesday
It is a good place to start.
– my husband, when I asked if a case (12 boxes) of tagalongs would be enough to order
There are many varieties of Quick Takes every week, hosted by Jen of Conversion Diary. Stop over and check them out!