Ways you can make your own words:
– Add “butt” to the end of a word, my favorite being colorful adverbs
– Add “head” to the end of a word, my penchant being nasty nouns (but not “bad” words)
o Poopyhead (can’t wait to see the brilliant submissions on this one!)
– Add “ly” to the end of just about any word, my preferences are unexpected words and words that have a ring to them afterward
– Combine two words
o Veggienoodles are the only things I can get her to eat!
o Lunchdinner is always a favorite of mine on the weekends.
– Use a noun as a verb or a verb as a noun
o Maybe we can pizza something together.
o The way the music kicks in is nervousing indeed.
o Those cheeks just make you want to meatball her to pieces!
– Capitalize words that reference important places or ideas, thereby changing their meaning by a shade of gray
o Let’s think about The Child and see if we can alter her Mind.
o Perhaps a bit of Special Tea, my dear?
o Being and Eternal Optimist, I’m unable to not hope for a happy ending in the book, no matter how hopeless it looks now.
Now, what wordsmithing techniques do you have to share? (And if it’s worth a post, be sure to leave me a comment or an email so I don’t miss it!) 🙂